Sunday, April 28, 2024

Why Celebrate a Life Long Disability?

Welcome to Ausumness.

We're in the middle of laying out our current situation with our youngest and considering the future problems of Autism. It's Autism whatever month. I don't know about you, but I certainly do not accept Autism and I most certainly do not celebrate it. You are more than obviously aware of Autism as is most of the western world. So there is no need for more awareness.

I do not relish in the fact that my kids may not ever hold a job. I don't embrace the thoughts of my child never riding a bike or maybe never going on a date. In fact, perhaps like you, I'm scared to death of my son's future. What if something happens to me or his dad?! Who will take care of him? Will we be able to provide for him for his entire life? Why would I celebrate or accept this?

Unless we spend our days with our heads buried in the sand, we know exactly where most Autism comes from. As Jr. says, "We live in a toxic soup". It is that easy, my friends. We cannot expect to be healthy if we pump our bodies full of toxins. If we eat food full of non biological products. Drink contaminated water, breathe polluted air or continuously expose ourselves to EMF.

In fact, the whole reason I started this blog was because of the Autism black out I encountered when I tried investigating just what Autism was and possibly how my kids ... acquired it and I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to make life for me and the boys more tolerable. All I could find was donate, donate and that it is probably genetic. I learned nothing helpful.

It became clear to me and it is getting more and more clear that Autism is only becoming more prevalent. Hardly any sources talk about the true reasons why most people have Autism and no "popular" or lame stream sources discuss  real solutions and there are so many as I've found through my own experience.

find the Awsome in Autism

It is highly possible that this blog is less popular than it could be because of a few key word mentions that are immediately censored. Despite all of the truth and proof. Despite that many of the suggestions totally worked for us and will probably help a lot of people.

Our current problem is the job situation. The Autism school that JJ goes to had a few choices of career for him to follow. There was hardly any academic courses at all. No Dutch. No math. No French ... and JJ is a great student. He loves to learn. He can even read and write for goodness sake! I'm obviously disgusted that academics play such a small part in his school.

With a grudge he decide on studying wood shop and he did like it in the beginning. For several years now, starting at age 15, JJ had to do an internship in a place where ya work with wood. I'm sure JJ's not alone in this matter. He's 17, but mentally much younger. Especially, socially. This is something that a school specializing in Autism should know! The government running these schools should know this.

I did some investigating to see what Autism schools are offering as career choices and the choices are those offered in special schools for slow children. So many people with Autism are not slow. It's  insulting. There is nothing with computers or the Arts. Hello?! Do these organizations not know the first thing about Autism?

So, JJ's worked at several different local businesses (Which we have to drive and pick him up from, every day for weeks at a time. Thank goodness, I stay home. Another genius idea from the school.) The end result after three times trying and three years is that he's not ready for work. DUH! Not to discount the idea of someone with this level of mentality working with adults for 8 hours a day, 5 times a week.

Many people with Autism would be able to work if they were properly prepared and got just the right job that fits their needs and specialties because a lot of people with Autism are super special in a lot of different intellectual capacities and even more important many people with Autism like doing things and are great at doing things that people without Autism do not like. It's win win!

I do not celebrate Autism and I am more than aware of the limitations and tough days ahead in regards to Autism.

So, the next few entries we will dive into possible careers for people with Autism and what schools could and should be doing to help prepare students with Autism for a future outside of their own homes and institutions. I'd be more than happy to help schools and institutions or even start a school that focuses on helping people with Autism and finding them careers in their community.

Here are a few videos that you may want to check out. They also give some advice that you might want to try and see if it helps not only minimize Autism symptoms, but perhaps prevent Autism all together.

The Battle for the Truth

Do These Make Us Healthier

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(97)11096-0/fulltext

Feel free to scroll back and see what other sage advice I offer. I really like the edition about pets. So many people were asking me for advice. This entry is perhaps the most useful. Especially for teachers. Wink Wink

Best of luck with your children, family, students... with Autism. Feel free to link us up with any useful sites you come across that have helped you with your battle with Autism.

No comments:

Post a Comment